Full name: Dr. Farid Majeed Abed
Surname :Al - Attar
Place and Date of birth: Iraq, Baghdad, 1956
Marital status: Married
Languages fluent in: Arabic and English
Scientific title: Professor
Dr. Farid Majeed Abed Al - Attar
PhD in Soil physics
Assistant-Rector for Scientific Affairs / the Middle Technical University
Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
1-PhD in Soil Physics from Baghdad University - 2009
2- Master in soil and water conservation from Baghdad University, 1981
3- Bachelor of Soil and Water Sciences, University of Baghdad, 1978 .
36 years .
- Head of the Department of Plant Production at the Technical Institute - Musayyib from 1992 to 1998.
- Head of the department of Soil and Land Reclamation at the Technical Institute Musayyib from 1998 until 2000
- Assistant-Rector of the Middle Technical University since 2014.
- Director of the Department of Scientific Affairs in the Foundation of Technical Education from 2007 until 2014.
- Director of Research and Development Department in the Foundation of Technical Education from 2003 until 2007.
- Director of the Department of Graduate Studies in the Foundation of Technical Education from 2002 until 2003.
Published more than 57 researches "in many scientific journals.
Eighth//Authored Books: -
-Principles of Land Reclamation.
- Operation and maintenance of irrigation projects 1990.
-Soil and Water Conservation.
- Water flow in porous circles (under printing).
Ninth//Topics taught at Iraqi universities and technical education authority:
1. Soil physics
2. Soil and water conservation
4- Land reclamation
5. Soil management
6. Operation and maintenance of irrigation projects
7. Soil principles
8. Soil pollution
9 - Spraying and drip irrigation
Tenth //"Honors and Rewards: -
1- He is covered by the law of sponsoring scientists from 2003 until 2009.
2 - First Professor in the Technical Education for the year 2000.
3 - He has received more than 50 books of thanks and appreciation and many rewards for scientific efforts in the practical and administrative fields.
Eleventh// Scientific Accomplishment and Supervision:
(4) Scientific books in the field of specialization.
- Supervising many student research and graduation projects.
- Evaluation of more than (100) scientific research on scientific journals.
- Evaluation of more than (30) scientific promotion to the ranks of a teacher or assistant professor or professor.
- Participating in many discussion committees for students of Master's and Ph.D. as Chairman or member of the discussion committee.
Twelfth // Completed Studies:
- Presenting more than 25 studies in the areas of the development of technical higher education and vocational education.
Thirteenth// Scientific Conferences and Scientific Symposiums:
1- The Technical Scientific Conferences of the Foundation of Technical Education, Twelve "conferences" for the period from 1988 to 2011.
2. The Fourth Scientific Conference of the Scientific Research Council, 1986.
3. The Fifth Scientific Conference of the Scientific Research Council, 1989.
4- The Third Agricultural Scientific Conference of Assiut University, Egypt, 2002.
5- Technical Course on Training Methods / Arab Republic of Egypt 2005.
6- Conference on the Reconstruction of Iraq / The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan / Amman 2005.
7- Second Arab Education Forum Beirut 2005.
8 - Draft a strategy for technical and vocational education in Iraq under the supervision of UNESCO in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in its three stages.
9 - Training project for Iraqi employees in Egypt from GIZ Germany in its five stages from 2008 to 2011.
10- British-Rowabit Program to develop the capabilities of the technical education leaders in Iraq held in London 2011.
Fourteenth// Scientific Committees:
1 - Chairman of the Central Committee for Scientific Promotion in the Foundation of Technical Education since 2004 and so far.
2-Member of the Iraqi Soil and Water Association since 2005.
3- Editor in chief of the technical magazine published by the Foundation of Technical Education since 2007 until now.
4- Member of the research units committee in the Foundation of Technical Education since 2007 and until now.
5- Member of the Higher Ministerial Committee for Iraqi Scientific Journals since 2007 until now.
6 - Member of the Higher Committee for the formulation of technical and vocational education policies in Iraq since 2007 and until now.
7 - Member of the Committee of authorship, consolidation and translation in the Foundation of Technical Education since 2007 and until now.
8- Member of the evening studies committee at the Foundation of Technical Education since 2003 till now.
9 - Member of the productive activities committee in the Foundation of Technical Education since 2003 and until now.
10- Member of the Civil Colleges Committee in the Foundation of Technical Education from 2007 until now.
11- Member of the Central Curriculum Committee in the Foundation of Technical Education from 1993 until now.
12 - Member of the committees of scientific conferences held in the Foundation of Technical Education since 1992 and so far.
13 - Member of the project committee to develop the system of governors of technical and vocational education in Iraq.
14- Member of the German-Iraqi Cooperation Committee for the Development of Technical and Vocational Education in Iraq.
15 - Member of the Higher Committee to oversee the implementation of the European Union project for the development of technical and vocational education in Iraq.
16-Member of the Policy Committee for Technical and Vocational Education in Iraq.
17-Member of the Ministerial Committee for Scientific Journals.
18 - Chairman of the Committee on granting of vacations at the Middle Technical University.
1 - Determination of the susceptibility of some Iraqi soils to erosion (Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Water Resources Volume 4) No. (2). 1985.
2 - Effect of natural precipitation and regression on water erosion in three different soils (Zanko Journal, Volume 4, No. 4, 1986).
3- The effect of the moisture condition on soil susceptibility to erosion. The Fourth Scientific Conference of the Scientific Research Council. Volume 1 (Part 1).
4- Effect of using plastic coverings on some soil characteristics and plant growth. The Third Arab Scientific Conference on Solar Energy. Baghdad 21-24 February. 1988.
5 - Effect of natural precipitation and regression on the loss of some nutrients in three different soil tissues (Proceedings of the First Scientific Conference of Technical Research, Baghdad, 1988).
6- Effect of addition of Portland cement to different cultures on some of their physical properties and growth of maize plant. Second Scientific Research Exhibition. Baghdad . 1-2 November. 1989
7-Effect of tillage and cover systems on plant residues on the components and components of the plant of Vieia faba. The Fifth Scientific Conference of the Scientific Research Council. Volume (1) Number (5). Baghdad . 7-11 October. 1989.
8- The relationship between the intensity of the rain and the speed of the sowing of a different soil. Proceedings of the Second Technical Scientific Conference. Baghdad . 14 - 16 April. 1990.
9. Effect of vegetation cover and rain energy on soil erosion in three different soil. ) the Second Technical Scientific Conference. Baghdad . 14 - 16 April. 1990.
10-Effect of plant ash and irrigation periods on some physical properties of soils and soybean emergence. ) the Third Technical Conference. Baghdad . 14 - 16 April. 1992(.
11. Effect of some tillage systems on the production and production costs of different crops. ) the Fourth Scientific Scientific Conference. April 3-4. 1994.
12-Effect of Nitrogen and Phosphate Fertilizer on Vegetative Growth and Concentrations of Eucalyptus seedlings and Casorina, Basra Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Vol. 7. Number (1). 1994.
13 - Determination of the soil susceptibility of water erosion by some of its characteristics using the computer. Journal of Technical, vol. (8). Number (27). 1995.
14- Effect of bush control and irrigation periods on pear seedlings, Mesopotamia Journal, vol. (27). Number (3). 1995.
15. Test different systems and depths of tillage on plant growth. Fifth Scientific Conference of Technical Education. Baghdad . 1996.
16 - The fluctuation of rainfall in Iraq and its relationship to desertification. The Fifth Scientific Research Conference on Technical Education. Baghdad. 1996.
17-Effect of rain intensity on some physical characteristics of three different soil tissues. The first scientific conference of the Faculty of Agriculture - Anbar University. 9 - 8 April. 1997.
18- Effect of wind velocity and direction on some characteristics of dust storms in different regions of Iraq. Fourth Scientific Conference of the Faculty of Science - Mustansiriya University. 1997.
19-Effect of salt stress on the growth and accumulation of proline in the primary paper of different rice varieties. Journal of Technical Research Volume (13) Issue (35). 1997.
20. Iraq's experience in funding technical education and its indicators to meet some of the requirements of the twenty-first century. Arab Symposium on Planning for Technical and Vocational Education. Arab Journal of Technical Education. Volume (14) Issue (1). 1997.
21- Effect of Soil Planning and Type of Organic Fertilizer on the Growth of Tomato seedlings in Greenhouses. University of Babylon Journal. Volume (4) Number (3). 1998.
22 - Production of tablets to germinate the seeds of the leaves of tea used. The Sixth Scientific Conference of the Foundation of Technical Education . March . 1998.
23- The Effect of Dissolved and Reciprocating ions on Soil Tolerability of Water Degradation, Journal of Technical Research Vol. (14) Issue (46). 1998
24- Potato and cucumber farming using a tillage farming system under protected agriculture conditions. The Sixth Scientific Conference of the Foundation of Technical Education. March. 1998.
25. Use of sewage waste and sun flowering as new farming communities. Journal of Technical Research Vol. (12). Number (54). 1999.
26- Physico-chemical evaluation of groundwater in Jarf Al-Sakhr area for irrigation purposes. Journal of Technical Research Vol. (12). Number (54). 1999.
27. Response of Oryza sativa rice plant 33 Azopirillum was vaccinated under different levels of nitrogen. Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 10. Number (1). 2000.
28 - The Iraqi soil susceptibility to wind erosion. Journal of Technical Research. Vol. 13. Number (62). 2000.
29. The impact of clouds and dust on the loss of solar radiation to different regions of Iraq. Journal of Technical Research Vol. (13). Number (68). 2000.
30-Effect of Urea and boron spray on growth of pine seedlings. Journal of Technical Research Vol. (13). Number (73). 2000.
31- Effect of locally produced bacteriophage and nitrogen fertilization on the green yield of bean plant, Journal of Technical Research, Volume 13, No. (65).
32- Estimation of rain capacity for erosion in some areas of Iraq. Seventh Scientific Research Conference on Technical Education. May. 2000.
33-Response of yellow )Zea mays) to Azotobacter chroococcum under different levels of nitrogen. Iraqi Agriculture Journal. Vol. 5. Number (7). 2000.
34- Effect of tissue, soil salinity and depth of agriculture on the growth and growth of acacia plant. The First Scientific Conference of Desertification. Journal of Technical Research. Vol. Number (88). 2001.
35- Study of the effect of two types of plows on some of the characteristics of the soil and its components and wheat components and barley crops under irrigation conditions. Tikrit University Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Volume (1). Number (4). 2001.
36. The possibility of increasing the production of wheat using a locally produced bacterial vaccine. "Journal of Technical Research, Volume 14, No. 76 (2001).
37- Effect of wind speed and direction on the occurrence and frequency of dust storms. Journal of Technical Research. Vol. Number (83). 2001.
38-Effect of addition of sodium silicate on some indicators of soil stability towards wind erosion. Journal of Technical Research. Vol. Number (94). 2001.
39-Effect of tillage and ex-plant residues on some physical properties of soil and plant production. Tikrit Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Volume (1) Number (4). 2001.
40. The development of a new class of wheat (Technician 1). Journal of Technical Research. Vol (15). Number (104). 2002.
41- The effect of soil tissue on the tissue of its losses through water erosion. Journal of Technical Research. Vol(15) Number (104). 2002.
42-Effect of clay mineral type in soil on its losses by hydrostatic erosion / technical research journal. Vol (17). Number (105). 2002.
43-Effect of quantity and type of organic matter on the stability of soil complexes and their relationship to the speed of moisturization. Technical Magazine. Vol. 17. Number (5). 2004.
44. Determination of yield and management value in the general equation for soil losses in the Mosul area. Technical Magazine. Vol. 17. Number (5). 2004.
45. Covering the soil using locally produced asphalt flakes. "Technical Journal Volume (18) No. (3). 2005
46. Integrating the stages of technical education in Iraq and its reflection on meeting the needs of society. Second Arab Education Forum (Higher Education: Future Perspectives) Beirut. 2005.
47. Test of three experimental equations to estimate soil susceptibility to water erosion in some Iraqi soils. 10th Scientific Conference of Technical Education. March . 2007.
48. Test different indicators for estimating rain capacity for erosion. 10th Scientific Conference of Technical Education. March . 2007.
49. The reality of scientific research in the institutions of higher education in Iraq and its development strategy. World Conference on Higher Education in Iraq. Erbil. 2007.
50- Effect of tillage systems and some soil conditioners on surface crust formation. The Eleventh Technical Scientific Conference. March .2009.
51- Effect of clemency and some soil enhancers in surface cortex formation. 11th Scientific Technical Conference. March . 2009.
52. Development of curricula in agricultural education in colleges and agricultural institutes in the Republic of Iraq. The Eighteenth Technical Conference of the Union of Arab Agricultural Engineers on Arab Integration in the Field of Agricultural Education Development and its Impact on Achieving Food Security. Tunisia .2010 .
53-Effect of different tillage systems and the addition of some enhancers in the moisture content of the soil and the proportion of the emergence and speed of the sesame plant. Twelfth Technical Scientific Conference. March . 2011.
54-Effect of the addition of some enhancers in the formation of the surface crust of green clay soil. Twelfth Technical Scientific Conference. March . 2011.
55-Effect of the addition of some enhancers in the formation of the surface cortex of two different cultures in the ratio of sodium exchange. Technical Magazine. Vol. 24. Number (1). 2011.
56- Effect of the modulation methods and the addition of the improvements in the hardness of the surface crust of the soil and the emergence of sesame plant seedlings. Second Scientific Conference of Agricultural Library Sciences. 2012.
57. Use of some hydrocarbon contaminants in improving some soil characteristics and growth and production of wheat crop. Technical Magazine. Vol. 27. Number (5). 2014